Laboratory of Macromolecular Crystallography
Elena A. Vernoslova
Date and place of birth:
5 October1957, Saratov
Ph.D. in physics and mathematics (with specialization in crystallography)
1975-1980 - graduate student of the Moscow State University (department of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics); the master degree thesis: "The search for the geodesic line on the surface of the object which is reproduced by the expression in the language GEOMAL".
1996, PhD degree awarded by the Institute of Crystallography (Moscow) for the thesis "Development and using of software for the problems of protein crystallography".
Positions in LMC:
1980 - 1998 - postdoctoral student, engineer-mathematician, leading engineer-mathematician.
Research interests in LMC:
- the spatial structure of biological macromolecules;
- development of software for molecular biology studies.
- 1989-1991 grant of the Scientific Council "Cell-free protein synthesis";
- 1992-1994 grant of the Scientific Council "Cell-free protein synthesis";
- 1993 individual grant of International Scientific Foundation;
- 1993-1994 grant of ACA/USNCCr Fund;
- 1994 grant RMZ000 of International Science Foundation
- 1995 grant RMZ300 of International Science Foundation;
- 1994-1996 grant 94-04-12844 of Russian Foundation for Basic Researches;
- 1997-1999 grant 97-04-48319 of Russian Foundation for Basic Researches;
- The development of an ab-initio procedure for solution of the crystallographic phase problem starting from the low resolution.
- The development of crystallographic software
- The Fast Differentiation Algorithm and its applications in macromolecular crystallography
- The determination of structures of biological macromolecules.
- The use of Fourier syntheses histograms for solution of the phase problem in protein crystallography.
- The development of Few Atoms Model method for solution of the phase problem in protein crystallography.
- Phase improvement and extension of Fourier syntheses resolution.
More then 30 publications including 17 full articles.
The list of publications
The full texts of papers