Laboratory of Macromolecular Crystallography
Tatiana E. Petrova
Date and place of birth:
21 May 1964, Kursk
Ph.D. in physics and mathematics (with specialization in biophysics)
senior research fellow of Laboratory of Macromolecular Crystallography,
Institute of Mathematical Problems of Biology RAS.
1981-1987 - graduate student of the Moscow State University (Physics department); the master degree thesis: "Membrane control with pressure".
2000 - PhD degree awarded by the Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics RAS (Pushchino) for the thesis " Ab-initio low-resolution phasing in crystallography of macromolecules by maximization of the likelihood ".
- from 2002 - senior research fellow of LMC;
- 2000 - 2002 - research fellow of LMC;
- 1996 - 2000 - jounior research fellow of LMC;
- 1992 - 1996 - engineer-mathematition of LMC;
- 1991 - 1992 - engineer-programmer of LMC;
- 1988 - 1989 - engineer-programmer;
- 1987 -1988 - engineer in Biological Experiments Automation Laboratory.
- mathematical and computer problems of X-ray structure analysis.
- 1994 grant RMZ000 of International Science Foundation
- 1995 grant RMZ300 of International Science Foundation;
- 1994-1996 grant 94-04-12844 of Russian Foundation for Basic Researches;
- 1997-1999 grant 97-04-48319 of Russian Foundation for Basic Researches;
- 2000-2002 grant 00-04-48175 of Russian Foundation for Basic Researches;
- The development of an ab-initio procedure for solution of the crystallographic phase problem starting from the low resolution.
- The use of the maximal likelihood principle in protein crystallography.
- The development of Few Atoms Model method for solution of the phase problem in protein crystallography.
- Ab-initio low-resolution phasing in crystallography of macromolecules by maximization of the likelihood.
- The studies performed in 2001-2002 in CNRS-GIF, LGV (Gif-sur-Yvette, France), P.I. J.Navaza:
- A new protocol for AmoRe program complex.
More then 20 publications including more then 10 full articles.
The list of publications.
The full texts of papers.
Institute of Mathematical Problems of Biology RAS,
Pushchino, Moscow Region,