Natalya V. Ivanova
Academic interests: Biodiversity informatics (data standardization, data quality), forest ecology (study of stand structure using UAV-data, ecosystem modeling).
Doctoral degree: PhD in ecology (biology) (2018). PhD thesis - Synecological interactions and population’s state of the protected lichen Lobaria pulmonaria under different forest management regimes in the southern taiga forests of the Kostroma oblast”.
- Pushchino State Institute of Natural Sciences - Master of Science in biology (2013)
- Kostroma State University (2010)
Current employment: Since 2012 Researcher at the Laboratory of Computational Ecology, Institute of Mathematical Problems of Biology RAS - the Branch of Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics of Russian Academy of Sciences.
Research and educational projects
I am involved with different roles (Researcher, Project manager) in a number of research projects supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, the Russian Science Foundation, and the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF).
- Dynamics of ecosystem processes after local and mass windthrows in the broad-leaved forests (#20-04-00733)
- Functional structure of the soil microbial community in forests and meadows along the elevation gradient: the case study for the Northwestern Caucasus (#20-34-70121)
- GBIF project mentor. As mentor or lector I participated in 6 training events in Russia, Belarus, and Tajikistan (2018-2020) organized by the ForBio Research School and BIODATA (Biodiversity data management skills for students) project (Norway).